Prince Law Firm, located in Marion, Illinois, is pleased to announce we’re offering a new $1,000 scholarship this year—one for recent high school graduates in Southern Illinois who are pursuing a career in the legal field.
Today’s future law students hold an integral key to resolving many of the issues we face in society as well as the ability to protect future generations and hold wrongdoers accountable. At Prince Law Firm, we understand the challenges today’s aspiring college students face and wish to do our part to help local students achieve their dreams.
The current open period for our scholarship is Fall 2022. Applications are due by Friday, August 5th.
To receive this scholarship, you must meet certain criteria. You must:
- Have graduated or will graduate from a high school in 2022 located in Southern Illinois*
- Live in Southern Illinois*
- Be planning to attend college or university in Fall 2022 (your planned college can be located anywhere)
- Be interested in pursuing a career in law
*For the purposes of this scholarship, we are considering the following counties to be located in Southern Illinois: Clinton, Madison, Monroe, St. Clair, Bond, Jersey, Calhoun, Marion, Clay, Lawrence, Richland, Wayne, Edwards, Wabash, Franklin, Perry, Randolph, Jefferson, Washington, Jackson, Williamson, Union, Alexander, Pulaski, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Johnson, Massac, Pope, Saline, and White.
To apply for our scholarship, you will need to write a 500+ word essay on the importance of law in society.
You must also follow the instructions below:
If you meet the qualifications as listed above, you may submit an application for our scholarship by emailing us the following:
- Your completed 500+ word essay on the topic listed above. Your essay should be attached as a .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF file. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines when submitting your essay.
- Digital proof (as either a .PDF or .JPG/.PNG screenshot) of your college acceptance letter.
- In the body of your email, please include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your planned college.
All applications should be emailed to us at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your applications!