Prince Law Firm, an Illinois personal injury law firm, is offering a $1,000 scholarship for first-year college students or to those who are starting their first years. We understand that for many students, the cost of college is the main barrier that keeps them from advancing to pursue a higher degree.
At Prince Law Firm, we believe everyone should get a chance to get to the next level in their education. By having this scholarship, we want to help promote the importance of education and investing in our future. We started the scholarship in 2019.
Scholarship Guidelines and Rules
To be eligible for the scholarship, you’ll need to write an essay on a specific prompt detailed below as well as provide the necessary documentation. You must meet four criteria:
- You need to live in the United States or have a mailing address within the United States.
- You must be attending your first year of college or graduate school or planning to attend your first year.
- Transfer students can apply if they’re new to the university.
- The school you’re attending must be in the United States.
- Finally, you must attach a digital copy (scan, photo, or screencap) of your college acceptance letter that includes the letterhead to your application email. If you don’t have a copy of your acceptance letter that you can scan/take a photo of, we accept the following:
- A photo or screencap of an email stating you have been accepted as a first-year student.
- A scan, photo, or screencap of your first set of courses, clearly stating that this is your first year.
- A scan, photo, or screencap of your transcripts.
Our concern is that we see proof that you’re a first-year undergrad or graduate student. As long as you can show us that proof, you’re good to go!
To receive the scholarship, you’ll need to write a 500+ word essay on the prompt below:
You’re designing an area for people to live. Talk about what it’s known for, how the people are, and what the environment is like. Is it a bustling city known for technological advancements? What kind? Or is it a cozy town known for having the best local food? What’s the culture like? What do its inhabitants value and why?
We’re looking for an applicant who has a clear voice and can write a well-organized essay that’s entertaining and unique. Please proof for grammar and spelling errors. Your essay must be written in MLA format. Please include a Works Cited page if you need one.
When you submit your essay, you agree that it may be featured on our blog.
In your application email, you must include your name, address, phone number, and the name of the college you plan on attending or where you are currently enrolled. Attach a digital copy of your college acceptance letter or the necessary acceptance documentation as outlined above. Make sure you attach your essay as a DOCX. or PDF. You may also provide a brief bio in the email. You have the option to attach a photo along with your bio.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “NAME Fall 2021 Scholarship”, where your name takes the place of “NAME”. An example would be “Franz Kafka Fall 2021 Scholarship.”
Additional Rules that MUST Be Followed
- Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
- Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
- Proofread everything before sending it!
Failure to meet these guidelines and rules could risk disqualification.
Applications are due by the end of day Friday, July 16, 2021.
11:59 PM EST is our cutoff point.
We will decide the winner after the application window is closed.
We’re looking forward to reading your essays. Please email all applications to email@example.com.
Remember, the due date for Fall 2021 is Friday, July 16, 2021. Happy writing!
List of Past Winners
Fall 2019: Caitlin Crow of Texas – Read Caitlin’s essay
Fall 2020: Samantha Lopez of California – Read Samantha’s essay.